1. The flyover request and approval process is managed by accessing the Air Force Public Affairs Air Force Aerial Events Web site at www.airshows.pa.hq.af.mil. Community members may submit requests, receive notification of approvals/denials, and track requests on this site. The site walks through the process step by step. Requests will not be considered if submitted fewer than 45 days prior to the event. Once a flyover request is approved by SAF/PA, it is the requester's responsibility to find a unit to support the event. The site features a "find an aircraft" link that lists flying units in the local area and/or surrounding states.
2. To request an F-35A flyover or static display support, please contact 388FW.PA@us.af.mil. Requests must include: SAF/PA approval number, date/time, location, detailed support request, anticipated crowd size, contact information. A Public Affairs representative will contact you to confirm the request was received and in coordination.
3. Event approval by SAF/PA does not guarantee that support will be provided. 388th Fighter Wing flying units will determine whether they can support the flyover request based on availability, training schedules, etc. If the request is approved a Public Affairs representative will contact you to confirm and the flying unit will also contact the event coordinator to finalize the details.
If you are planning or attending an event where the 388th FW is providing aerial support with the F-35A Lightning II here are some helpful tools to help share the experience online and across social media before and after the event:
1. Tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @388FW (all photos are public domain and available for download)
2. Tag the F-35 @theF35
3. Tag Hill Air Force Base on Twitter @HAFB and on Instagram @officialhillafb
4. Consider incorporating the following hashtags: #USAF #AirForce #HillAFB #F35 #stealth #avgeek #aviationphotography #airpower