Major Kristin Wolfe is the Commander, F-35A Lightning II Demonstration Team, 388th Fighter Wing, Hill Air Force Base, Utah. The mission of the F-35A Lightning II Demonstration team is to showcase the unique aerial capabilities of the Air Force’s most advanced 5th generation multi-role stealth fighter, the F-35A Lightning II, as well as highlight the history of the Air Force’s service through heritage formation flights. Additionally, she provides operational oversight and direction for the 13-personnel team, to include maintenance, aircrew flight equipment, and public affairs Airmen.
Major Wolfe entered the Air Force in 2011 after receiving her commission from the U.S. Air Force Reserve Officer Training Program at the University of Alabama. She is an experienced fighter pilot with more than 800 flying hours in the F-22A Raptor and F-35A Lightning II. Her flying assignments include Undergraduate Pilot Training at Laughlin AFB, Texas, and fighter training in the F-22A at Langley AFB, Va., and operational assignments at Langley AFB, Va., and Hill Air Force Base, Utah.
2011 Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
2017 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. June 2011 – May 2013, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. May 2013 – March 2014, Student, F-22A Basic Course, Tyndall AFB, Florida
3. March 2014 – April 2017, F-22A Instructor Pilot, Langley AFB, Virginia
4. April 2017 – September 2017, F-35A Transition Course, Eglin AFB, Florida
5. September 2017 – March 2020, F-35A Instructor and Evaluator Pilot, Hill AFB, Utah
6. March 2020 – Present, F-35A Demonstration Team Commander, Hill AFB, Utah
Rating: Senior Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 800
Aircraft Flown: T-6, T-38C, F-22A, F-35A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Air Force Commendation Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant May 25, 2011
First Lieutenant May 25, 2013
Captain, May 25, 2015
Major, April 1, 2021
(Current as of May 2021)