Chief Master Sgt. Brandon Wolfgang is the Command Chief of the 388th Fighter Wing, Hill AFB Utah. He advises the commander on all issues regarding the health, welfare, readiness and morale affecting the wing’s nearly 2,000 enlisted personnel. The wing’s mission is to rapidly employ combat power, through maintenance and employment of the Air Force’s first combat operational F-35A unit with a 78 aircraft fleet worth $7.5B. The wing ensures combat readiness to deploy, employ and sustain F-35 aircraft worldwide, in order to fly, fight and win. Chief Wolfgang represents the interests of the 388th Fighter Wing Airmen across Hill AFB and throughout the local community.
Chief Wolfgang entered the Air Force in August of 1999 from Cincinnati, Ohio. Over the course of his career he has served in a multitude of Security Forces positions at nearly all leadership levels. He has served at stateside and overseas assignments including South Carolina, North Dakota, Arizona, Georgia, South Korea, Germany,
Japan and Curacao. Prior to this assignment, Chief Wolfgang served as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the 820th Base Defense Group, Moody Air Force Base,
Georgia. This unique group provides first-in, airborne capable, multi-functional integrated defense capabilities for Combatant Commands anywhere, anytime, under austere and contested conditions.
2002 United Stated Army Special Reaction Team Course, Camp Humphries, Republic of Korea
2004 Airman Leadership School, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
2007 United States Army Air Assault School, Ft. Campbell, Kentucky
2010 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun Air Station, Germany (Distinguished Graduate)
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces College, Virginia, by correspondence
2011 Associate in Applied Science, Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2013 Bachelor of Arts, Leadership, Bellevue University, Bellevue, Neb.
2013 United States Marine Corps Senior Noncommissioned Officer Advanced Course, Camp Hansen, Japan
2013 United States Marine Corps Combat Operations Center Director Certification, Camp Hansen, Japan
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Level II, Joint Forces College, Virginia, by correspondence
2019 Chiefs Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Montgomery, Ala.
2020 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2020 Indo-PACOM Theater Immersion course, Special Operations School, Hurlburt Field AFB, Fla., by correspondence
2021 Command Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland
2021 United States Army Basic Airborne Course, Ft. Benning, Georgia
1. December 1999–February 2002, Security Forces Controller, 20th Security Forces Squadron, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C. (May 2000-July 2000, Convoy Team Member, 332d Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Al Jaber Air Base, Kuwait)
2. February 2002-March 2003, Security Forces Controller, Emergency Services Marksman Team Leader, 8th Security Forces Squadron, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
3. March 2003-September 2005, Senior Patrolman, Security Forces Controller, 52nd Security Forces Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany (March 2004-September 2004, Security Forces Controller, 380th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Al Dhafra AB, United Arab Emirates)
4. September 2005–September 2010, Flight Chief, Unit Deployment Manager, Operations NCOIC, 569th U.S. Forces Police Squadron, Vogelweh Air Station, Germany (February 2006-Sep 2006, Flight Sergeant, 407th Expeditionary Security forces Squadron, Tallil AB, Iraq)(November 2008-June 2009, Flight Chief, Detachment 4, 732d Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, International Zone, Baghdad, Iraq)
5. October 2010-October 2014, Superintendent, Standardization and Evaluations, Flight Operations Superintendent, 18th Security Forces Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan (May 2012-November 2012, Joint Security Area Coordinator, Anti-terrorism Officer, 407th Air Expeditionary Group, Thumrait AB, Oman)
6. November 2014–October 2017, Security Forces Manager, Operations and Training Superintendent, 319th Security Forces Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N. D.
7. October 2017–October 2018, Squadron Superintendent, Detachment 2, 612th Theater Operations Group, Forward Operating Locations Curacao and Aruba
8. October 2018–July 2020, Security Forces Manager, 56th Security Forces Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
9. July 2020–December 2021, Senior Enlisted Leader, 820th Base Defense Group, Moody AFB, Ga.
10. December 2021–Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 388th Fighter Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
2003 8th Security Forces Squadron Airman of the Year
2009 569th U.S. Forces Police Squadron NCO of the Year
2013 Pacific Air Force’s SF Flight-level SNCO of the Year
2015 319th Air Base Wing Lance P. Sijan Senior Enlisted Nominee
2016 319th Air Base Wing SNCO of the Year
2018 Air Education and Training Command's Best Medium SF Unit of the Year
2019 Headquarters Air Force's Best Medium SF Unit of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class September 27, 1999
Senior Airman January 27, 2002
Staff Sergeant January 1, 2004
Technical Sergeant June 1, 2008
Master Sergeant July 1, 2011
Senior Master Sergeant December 1, 2015
Chief Master Sergeant October 1, 2018
(CURRENT AS OF DECEMBER 2021)