Chief Master Sergeant Dan Taylor is the Command Chief of the 388th Fighter Wing. As the highest enlisted leader in the wing, he provides direction for the enlisted force. The wing's mission is to maintain combat readiness to deploy, employ, and sustain F-35s worldwide, in order to fly, fight and win any conflict. Chief Taylor represents the interests of 388th FW Airmen across Hill AFB and throughout the local community. He advises the commander on all issues regarding welfare, readiness, and morale of the wing's enlisted force.
Chief Master Sergeant Taylor entered the United States Air Force in June 1991 as a junior in high school under the Delayed Enlistment Program. He has an extensive background on various weapons systems to include the A-10, C-5, C-130H/J, F-15 and F-16 aircraft. Throughout his career he has filled various leadership positions at unit, squadron and group level. His assignments include bases in Arkansas, Delaware, New Mexico, South Carolina, Texas and Japan.
1994 FAA Aircraft and Powerplant Certification
1998 Associate of Applied Science in Aircraft Systems Maintenance Technology, CCAF
1999 Associate of Applied Science in Instructor of Technology and Military Science, CCAF
2000 Bachelor of Science in Education, Wayland Baptist University
2005 Non-Commissioned Officers Leadership School, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2006 Masters of Science in Human Resource Management, Troy University, Ala.
2008 Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, Villanova University, Va.
2010 Senior Non-Commissioned Officers Academy, Gunter AFB, Ala.
2014 Chief’s Leadership Course, Randolph AFB, Texas
2015 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Randolph AFB, Texas
2016 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Course, University of North Carolina, N.C.
2017 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Judge Advocate General’s School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. October 1991- December 1993, Jet Engine Mechanic, 436th Component Repair Squadron/Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Dover Air Base, Dover, Del.
2. December 1993- June 1997, Jet Engine Craftsman/Flight Chief, 615th Air Mobility Group Kelly Air Base, Texas
3. June 1998- July 2002, Aerospace Propulsion Instructor; 361st Training Squadron Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
4. July 2002- May 2004, Flight Chief/Propulsion Instructor, 362nd Training Squadron Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
5. November 2004- December 2006, MAJCOM ERRC Flight Chief; 20th Component Maintenance Squadron Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
6. December 2007- June 2010, Detachment Chief; 373rd Training Squadron Detachment 16, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M.
7. June 2010- June 2012, Lead Production Superintendent; 314th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
8. June 2012- May 2014, AMU Superintendent, 314th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
9. May 2014- Oct 2016, Wing Propulsion Systems Functional Manager/Propulsion 18th Component Maintenance Squadron Kadena, AB Okinawa, Japan
10. Oct. 2016 - May 2018, Maintenance Group Superintendent, 18th Maintenance Group, Kadena AB, Okinawa Japan
11. May 2018-Present, Command Chief, 388th Fighter Wing, Hill Air Force Base, Utah
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal (two oak leaf clusters)
Air Force Commendation Medal (two oak leaf clusters)
Air Force Achievement Medal (two oak leaf clusters)
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award (one silver and one oak leaf cluster)
AF Good Conduct Medal (one silver and three oak leaf clusters)
National Defense Service Medal (one bronze star)
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
1993 436th Component Maintenance Squadron SrA BTZ Recipient
1994 615th AMOG Airman of the Year
1999 782nd Training Group NCO of the Year
2000 AETC Occupational Instructor Certification, CCAF
2001 362nd NCO of the Year 2002 AETC Master Instructor Certification, CCAF
2003 362nd NCO Instructor of the Year
2008 982nd Group Lance P. Sijan Award Recipient
2010 314th Wing SNCO Maintenance Professional of the Year
2011 AMC's "Best" Air Mobility Wing, Int'l RODEO, 314th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark
2012 314th Wing Lance P Sijan Award Recipient
2013 AETC General Lew Allen Award Recipient
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sgt. June 2014
(Current as of August 2018)